Match Preview: Tottenham 0-1 RB Leipzig Predictions and Betting Tips, Champions League
Tips & Predictions For Today, February 19, 2020.
League: Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Match: 21:00 Tottenham – RB Leipzig
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
- Tottenham Hotspur enter this tie on a seven-game unbeaten run in all competitions, and can also boast ten wins from their last 14 UEFA Champions League (UCL) home matches (L4). However, they lost both UCL group stage games against German champions Bayern Munich by a 2+ goal margin earlier this season, a team opponents RB Leipzig held to a goalless draw earlier this month.
- The hosts have netted the opener in four straight home games (W4 – in all competitions), but have also kept just one clean sheet across their last seven home matches. An entertaining game looms then, especially as all three of Tottenham’s UCL home matches this term saw over 2.5 first-half goals, and over 4.5 by the final whistle.
- Group G winners Leipzig may have won only one of their last five competitive fixtures (D2, L2), but the Bundesliga title-challengers won two of their three UCL away games this term (D1), after netting the opener and scoring precisely two goals in all three matches.
- Whilst this is Leipzig’s first European match against an English side, they have won five of their previous six two-legged European knockout ties. Notably, Leipzig’s last eight competitive victories saw them net over 2.5 team goals, but six also witnessed both teams score.
- Players to watch: Dele Alli has scored a first-half opener in three of the last four Tottenham games that he’s found the net.
- Timo Werner has scored in five of Leipzig’s last eight away games – they are unbeaten in the last 34 games he’s found the net (W29, D5 – 90 minutes only).
- Stat attack: The opener was netted by the 15th minute in Tottenham’s previous three UCL home games.
- All three of Leipzig’s UCL away games saw over 8.5 corners, and two witnessed over 14.5.
- Tottenham’s record in two-legged European ties against German opposition stands at: W5, L3.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022