Match Preview: Villarreal 2-2 Sevilla Predictions and Betting Tips, LaLiga
Tips & Predictions For Today, June 22, 2020.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 31
Match: 18:30 Villarreal – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
- Villarreal’s pre-shutdown three-game losing streak is now a distant memory, after three 1-0 victories since the restart (two at HT/FT); a run of results which has thrown them into European contention. Another clean sheet here would give them a four-game clean sheet streak for the first time since March 2016.
- Javier Calleja’s men have scored the opener in 71.43% of their home league games this term, whilst the opening goal (either way) has arrived within the first 30 minutes in four of their last five games here. Yet although they’ve conceded fewer home league openers than all but Barcelona, they’ve never recovered a point when doing so (L2).
- Visiting Sevilla recorded their first goalless draw of the campaign last time out (vs Barcelona), extending their unbeaten league run to seven games (W3, D4). Notably, that goalless affair ended a run of 14 straight league games with over 1.5 total goals (2.6 goals per match on average – 66.67% BTTS).
- One piece of bad news for Villarreal, given their poor recovery rate, is that Sevilla have conceded the opener in a league-low two away games (13.33%); bagging first in 86.67%. Despite that, Sevilla have failed to win after going ahead in three of their last four away matches (W1, D2, L1).
- Players to watch: Villarreal’s Gerard Moreno is the highest-scoring Spaniard this La Liga season (12 goals), each of his last three were openers netted within 15 minutes.
- Luuk de Jong has scored first in Sevilla’s last two away games, and five of his last six competitive goals came away from home.
- Stat attack: Fourteen of Villarreal’s 17 conceded home league goals came beyond half-time (82.35%).
- Villarreal manager Calleja is unbeaten in four of his five career H2Hs with Sevilla (W2, D2, L1).
- Thirteen of Sevilla’s 17 conceded away league goals came between the 30th minute and half-time (six) and the 75th minute and full-time (seven).
|Head-to-head matches: VILLARREAL – SEVILLA|
|15.12.19||LL||Sevilla||Villarreal||1 : 2|
|17.02.19||LL||Villarreal||Sevilla||3 : 0|
|26.08.18||LL||Sevilla||Villarreal||0 : 0|
|14.04.18||LL||Sevilla||Villarreal||2 : 2|
|26.11.17||LL||Villarreal||Sevilla||2 : 3|
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022