Match Preview: Sevilla 2-1 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips 16.08.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, August 16, 2020.
League: Europa League – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Match: 20:00 Sevilla – Manchester Utd
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
- Sevilla’s 1-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers to make this one-game semi-final at the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne was their sixth consecutive UEFA Europa League (UEL) game to produce under 2.5 goals, and stretched their unbeaten run in all competitions to 19 matches (W10, D9). It was also their sixth win ‘to nil’ in eight competitive fixtures.
- The five-time competition winners (UEL/UEFA Cup) have given little away during this campaign: seven of their ten European games were goalless at HT, and they’ve only conceded three UEL goals this season. Making that count by striking late, three of their last six goals in this competition came after the 80th minute.
- Manchester United needed extra time to see off FC Copenhagen 1-0 in their quarter-final and extend their unbeaten run to four matches in all competitions (W2, D2 – outcomes at 90 minutes). They have netted an average of 2.18 goals per UEL fixture this term, and have not conceded a first-half goal in any of their last four European games.
- Often leaving it late to deliver telling blows, the ‘Red Devils’ have not scored before the 50th minute in any of their last five competitive matches. Furthermore, all three match goals in the previous two H2Hs came after the 70th minute.
- Players to watch: Lucas Ocampos’ strike against Wolves was his fifth consecutive goalscoring game in which he netted Sevilla’s opener.
- Bruno Fernandes (MUN) is the competition’s leading scorer this season (seven goals) – his last three UEL strikes came from the penalty spot.
- Stat attack: Sevilla have received an average of 1.6 yellow cards per UEL game this term (Man United: 1.09).
- Sevilla are unbeaten against English sides in UEL/UEFA Cup H2Hs (W4, D2), and haven’t lost against Man United in Europe (W1, D1).
- Man United have a poor UEL/UEFA Cup H2H record against Spanish sides (W1, D2, L3) with both teams scoring in four of those matches.
- Hot stat: United have been awarded 21 penalties in all competitions (four in the UEL) – more than any side across Europe’s top-five leagues.
|Head-to-head matches: SEVILLA – MANCHESTER UTD|
|13.03.18||CL||Manchester Utd||Sevilla||1 : 2|
|21.02.18||CL||Sevilla||Manchester Utd||0 : 0|
|09.08.13||CF||Manchester Utd||Sevilla||1 : 3|
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022