Match Preview: Bulgaria 1-1 Ireland Prediction and Betting Tips 03.09.2020
Tips & Predictions For Today, September 3, 2020.
League: UEFA Nations League – League B – Round 1
Match: 19:45 Bulgaria – Ireland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Having scored just one goal in their last five matches, Bulgaria look to have a difficult UEFA Nations League (UNL) match ahead of them considering they’ve won just two of their previous 15 matches (D5, L8). They last beat Ireland six H2Hs ago (D3, L2 since), and have conceded first in each H2H thereafter, just as they’ve done so in six of their last eight matches.
- Winning just one of their previous five European tournament matches at the Levski Stadium (D2, L2), Bulgaria went unbeaten here in the previous UNL campaign (W2, D1) despite failing to score before HT in all three home games. This aside, Bulgaria haven’t lost any of the last four H2Hs on home soil (W3, D1).
- In contrasting form, Ireland have lost just two of their last 15 matches (W5, D8) but were relegated in the previous UNL campaign after registering just one goal across their four fixtures (D2, L2). In fact, Ireland’s last three UNL matches have averaged 0.33 match goals per fixture (D2, L1) and more recently, they’ve scored just once across their last three European Championship Qualifiers (D2, L1).
- Losing their last away match to end a four-game unbeaten away run (W1, D3), Ireland may have failed to score in three of those awaydays but the ‘Boys in Green’ also managed three shutouts during this period of matches. On the subject of away goals, it should be noted that Ireland haven’t scored over 1.5 goals on their travels since the World Cup Qualifiers back in 2016.
- Players to watch: Bulgaria’s Dimitar Iliev made his international debut last time out and has scored in his last two games for club side Lokomotiv Plovdiv.
- Sean Maguire is likely to see time here given he’s scored for two domestic games running and netted for Ireland last November.
- Hot stat: Eight of Ireland’s last 11 competitive fixtures were goalless at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: BULGARIA – IRELAND|
|10.09.19||FI||Ireland||Bulgaria||3 : 1|
|06.06.09||WC||Bulgaria||Ireland||1 : 1|
|28.03.09||WC||Ireland||Bulgaria||1 : 1|
|18.08.04||FI||Ireland||Bulgaria||1 : 1|
|14.10.87||EUR||Ireland||Bulgaria||2 : 0|
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022