Match Preview: Schalke 4-0 Hoffenheim Predictions and Betting Tips 09.01.2021
Schalke – Hoffenheim Predictions & Tips For Today, January 9, 2021.
League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 15
Match: 15:30 Schalke – Hoffenheim
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
- Given their torrid Bundesliga season so far, winless Schalke are lucky that they’re only seven points from safety (D4, L10). Goals at either end have been an issue, with their tally of eight the division’s lowest, while they’ve now conceded in a club record 26 straight league games. What’s more, failure to win here would see them equal Tasmania Berlin’s unwanted record of 31 Bundesliga games without success from 1965/66.
- Just three of Schalke’s eight league goals have been scored at home, and they’ve conceded 2+ goals in four of their seven such fixtures. Their inability to get on the right side of results has clearly led to some frustration and they’ve also registered the fifth highest foul average in the league with 13.6 per game, plus they’ve accumulated the most yellow cards in home league fixtures (22).
- Whilst not as bad as their hosts, Hoffenheim’s form has plummeted recently with just two Bundesliga wins in 12 matches (W2, D3, L7). An issue has been conceding inside the opening 45 minutes, and they’ve done that in seven of their previous eight league outings, consequently trailing at HT in six of those fixtures (HT: D1, L6).
- However to their credit, the visitors ended a five-game winless away run (D2, L3) at Borussia Mönchengladbach in their last away match, scoring twice after the 70th minute. Yet despite their relatively poor away form, you still have to go back 14 away matches to February for the last time they failed to find the net in a Bundesliga road trip.
- Players to watch: Schalke’s Benito Raman has scored five goals across his previous nine competitive matches, with four of those efforts arriving after HT. The visitors will look to their top scorer Andrej Kramarić for inspiration – his previous two strikes came in the opening or closing 20 minutes.
- Hot streak: The last six league H2Hs each featured at least one yellow card after the 80th minute.
|Head-to-head matches: SCHALKE – HOFFENHEIM|
|07.03.20||BUN||Schalke||Hoffenheim||1 : 1|
|20.10.19||BUN||Hoffenheim||Schalke||2 : 0|
|20.04.19||BUN||Schalke||Hoffenheim||2 : 5|
|01.12.18||BUN||Hoffenheim||Schalke||1 : 1|
|17.02.18||BUN||Schalke||Hoffenheim||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022