Match Preview: Southampton 1-1 Leicester Predictions and Betting Tips 30.04.2021
Southampton – Leicester Predictions & Tips For Today, April 30, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 34
Match: 20:00 Southampton – Leicester
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Southampton – Leicester Match Preview
- Southampton are all-but safe from relegation despite a 2-1 loss at Tottenham last round, a defeat that saw them score first but lose for a league-high fifth instance this Premier League (PL) season. Actually topping the table back on November 7, the ‘Saints’ have been on a sorry run since, with only relegated Sheffield United claiming less points than Southampton’s 20.
- Home form has been marginally better than away this season (20 points vs 16), but their 3-2 come-from-behind win versus Burnley in their last home match snapped a five-game winless streak at St Mary’s (D1, L4). That last home match also marked the fourth game of the last six here to see the side that scored first fail to win.
- Leicester sit pretty in third place after also coming from behind to win on Monday, with their tally of 62 points at this stage better than any previous top-flight campaign except 1962/63 and 2015/16. However, with their final three games of the season being against Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham, the ‘Foxes’ will want to secure their top-four place quickly.
- Owning the third best away league record this season, Leicester have actually collected more points on the road than at home (34 vs 28). They should feel confident here also after three straight wins at Southampton, including that famous 9-0 success last season. Leicester often settle games after the break on the road, with their +13 goal difference in that period the league’s second best. Subsequently, they’ve only failed to score in two PL road trips.
- Players to watch: Responsible for set-pieces, which account for 42.50% of their goals, Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse (with 28) places second on Southampton’s all-time assist list after Matt Le Tissier (63). Meanwhile, Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has found the net four times in his last three away games and has also struck four prior goals versus Southampton.
- Hot stat: Nine out of the last 12 H2Hs have featured at least one first-half goal.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022