Match Preview: Rayo Vallecano 1-0 Espanyol Predictions and Betting Tips 05.12.2021
Rayo Vallecano – Espanyol Predictions & Tips For Today, December 5, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 16
Match: 14:00 Rayo Vallecano – Espanyol
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Rayo Vallecano – Espanyol Match Preview
- Rayo Vallecano were widely ridiculed for taking a gamble on veteran free agent Radamel Falcao early in the season, but it has paid off handsomely with their finest start to a top flight campaign (W7, D3, L5) of the last 20 years, including four wins from the five La Liga (LL) games in which he has scored (L1). Of all 20 clubs in the league, few would have anticipated them to have the best win rate as a pre-match favourite (W5, D1, L0; 83%) at this point!
- The hosts have put 3+ goals past four different opponents during their unbeaten LL home run (W6, D1) after brushing Mallorca aside in their previous LL home outing. With a league best first-half aggregate score of 10-2 at home this LL season, it is little wonder Vallecano continue to build unassailable advantages in the first 45 minutes.
- Despite earning themselves automatic promotion to the top flight last season, two of Espanyol’s eight defeats in the second tier in 2020/21 came at the hands of Vallecano, both by a one-goal margin. Having been beaten by 2+ goals just once against any opposition this LL season, mid-table Espanyol are unlikely to be easy pickings here even if they cannot enact revenge.
- Indeed, victory on this occasion would be a surprise, considering they started the round as one of four LL clubs yet to have won away from home this league season (D3, L4). Whilst a slim 1-0 defeat at Barcelona was admirable, it was only the third time this LL season Espanyol were not trailing at half-time on their travels, which is a worry given Vallecano’s aforementioned starts.
- Players to watch: Álvaro García has now recorded goals inside the first 20 minutes in three Vallecano LL home fixtures, whilst Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomás was on the scoresheet for the first H2H of the season in 2018/19.
- Hot stat: The visiting side on the day has not led at half-time in any of Espanyol’s 15 LL 2021/22 fixtures.
Match Preview: Osasuna - Cadiz CF Predictions and Betting Tips 20.08.2022
Match Preview: Lyon - Troyes Predictions and Betting Tips 19.08.2022
Match Preview: Ferencvaros - Shamrock Rovers Predictions and Betting Tips 18.08.2022
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022