Match Preview: Espanyol 4-3 Levante Predictions and Betting Tips 11.12.2021
Espanyol – Levante Predictions & Tips For Today, December 11, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 17
Match: 14:00 Espanyol – Levante
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:3 WON!!!
Espanyol – Levante Match Preview
- Three consecutive one-goal defeats away from home is holding Espanyol back from getting amongst the European places, but it’s a completely different scenario at home. Since a home loss to defending champions Atlético Madrid in September, Espanyol have been sparkling at the RCDE Stadium, putting together a six-game undefeated home run in La Liga (LL) football (W5, D1) which includes three wins from their only three starts as home favourites.
- Espanyol start the round as one of just two clubs yet to concede a first-half goal at home this LL season, and as the only one yet to concede an opening goal at home, it’s little surprise they’ve pulled off three half-time/full-time doubles on their own turf since the start of October. With ten of their last 14 LL matches across all venues going the way of the team to score first (D3, L1), starting well appears to be a decisive factor here.
- That could be a point of encouragement for winless Levante (D8, L8), who have opened the scoring and led at half-time in each of their last two LL away outings, only to fall away after the break and lose. New manager Alessio Lisci will now hope for his first league win after drawing 0-0 at home to Osasuna as caretaker boss on his LL debut.
- That clean sheet, following on from an 8-0 Copa del Rey demolition of sixth-tier Huracán Melilla, will be encouraging for Lisci, especially as Levante have scored in three consecutive away LL outings only for their defending to let them down.
- Players to watch: Adrià Pedrosa was on the scoresheet for Espanyol two home starts ago, and will be keen to account for the own goal he handed Levante in this corresponding fixture in 2019/20. Meanwhile, Levante have drawn their two LL away games when José Luis Morales has scored their first goal.
- Hot stat: A goal has been scored within the opening 15 minutes in five of Levante’s last seven LL fixtures.