Match Preview: Villarreal 2-0 Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Betting Tips 12.12.2021
Villarreal – Rayo Vallecano Predictions & Tips For Today, December 12, 2021.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 17
Match: 14:00 Villarreal – Rayo Vallecano
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Villarreal – Rayo Vallecano Match Preview
- The ‘Yellow Submarines’ are sinking further and further down the La Liga (LL) table after suffering their first back-to-back league losses since April. Villarreal’s measly tally of 16 points from their 15 league games is their third worst start to a LL campaign this century, highlighting how bleak of a period it is for the Castellón-based side.
- Coach Unai Emery will be trying to focus on the positives, such as his side’s impressive 3-2 UEFA Champions League away win at Atalanta this week which secured progression into the knockout phase for the Europa League winners. He’ll also be aware of his side’s impressive H2H record against Rayo Vallecano, which includes six straight wins at Villarreal, plus his own personal record against them which has seen him win eight of nine H2Hs (D1).
- Although Rayo have a poor H2H record against their hosts, they’ll arrive at Estadio de la Cerámica full of confidence having accumulated 27 points so far, their best ever haul at this stage of a top-flight season. A key reason for that ties in with their capacity to hold onto leads after getting their noses in front, as they’re one of only three LL teams yet to drop points from a winning half-time position.
- However ‘Los Franjirrojos’ glaring Achilles heel is their performances on their travels. They’ve been slow to start when climbing off the team bus and have conceded first in seven of their eight LL away games, ultimately resulting in Andoni Iraola’s men only managing to secure five of their 27 league points on the road.
- Players to watch: Villarreal’s Arnaut Danjuma enjoys the comfort of home, scoring six of his nine goals this term on his own turf, while Álvaro García likes to get the show up and running, as five of his last seven goals for Rayo have served as match openers.
- Hot stat: There has been at least one first-half goal in 13 of the 16 LL H2H matches between these two.