Match Preview: Brentford – Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 14.12.2021
Brentford – Manchester Utd Predictions & Tips For Today, December 14, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 17
Match: 20:30 Brentford – Manchester Utd
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: Postponed
Brentford – Manchester Utd Match Preview
- Brentford’s fine start to life in the Premier League (PL) continued with Friday’s 2-1 win over Watford, a result which will see them start the round on the fringes of the European qualification places. In a season full of firsts, another one arrives quickly as many supporters won’t have been born the last time they played Manchester United in a league match (1947).
- Just one defeat in five matches (W2, D2) will have ‘Bees’ fans buzzing about their chances of pulling off another upset, particularly as they’ve won their last two home league fixtures. Both those two and the three PL games here beforehand (L3) were decided by a one-goal margin, so Brentford will hope to come out on top if it’s another tight battle.
- Although a Covid outbreak at the club is hampering their preparation, the Ralf Rangnick era at Man United has started promisingly with Saturday’s 1-0 win over Norwich City the club’s third game unbeaten since he took charge as interim manager (W2, D1). None of those matches featured over 2.5 goals and after keeping two consecutive league clean sheets for the first time since March, they’ll start the round in fifth place.
- Two losses in their last five PL away games (W2, D1) is a departure from last season’s stellar form on the road as they hadn’t previously lost a league away game since January 2020. However, the ‘Red Devils’ were ahead at some point in four of those five matches so they’ll know a better defensive display could be enough to see off another promoted side on their travels here.
- Players to watch: After his late winner against Norwich, Brentford have won the last 14 competitive games in which Bryan Mbeumo has netted for them. Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo’s last five goals for Man United all came after the 50th minute.
- Hot stat: ‘Ralfie time’? Man United have scored between the 65th and 80th minute in each of their last three PL fixtures.