Match Preview: Newcastle 0-4 Manchester City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.12.2021
Newcastle – Manchester City Predictions & Tips For Today, December 19, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 18
Match: 15:00 Newcastle – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 WON!!!
Newcastle – Manchester City Match Preview
- When Newcastle United took an early lead against Liverpool on Thursday night, it might have briefly reminded fans of the time they twice topped the Premier League (PL) table at Christmas in the mid-90s and early 2000s. Eventually going down 3-1, times have changed with Eddie Howe’s side now desperately trying to get out of the bottom three.
- After two consecutive league defeats on the road in which they conceded 3+ goals, they’ll welcome a return to St James’ Park, although as they’ve won just one of the last 15 H2Hs here (D3, L11), they face a tough task against league leaders and reigning PL champions Manchester City. Nevertheless, Newcastle are unbeaten in three home PL games (W1, D2), scoring first in all three, so could cause problems.
- At least they’re not facing Sergio Agüero, who scored 15 goals against them; Man City fans and players paid tribute this week to their former striker after cardiac problems forced him to retire. He must have approved of Tuesday’s 7-0 demolition of Leeds United, City’s third league win by at least a five-goal margin this term, which helped boss Pep Guardiola become the quickest man to oversee 500 PL goals (207 games).
- The visitors are just a point ahead of Liverpool so there’ll be no let up as they look to extend a seven-match unbeaten sequence in league away fixtures (W6, D1), especially as another victory will keep them on top. That would be a good omen for the ‘Cityzens’ as – unlike their hosts – the only two times they previously topped the PL table at Christmas, they went on to win the title!
- Players to watch: Callum Wilson has netted the opener in three of Newcastle’s last five home league matches, while Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne scored in each of his last two appearances here.
- Hot streak: Man City have scored between the 60th and 70th minute in each of their last three league games, and the last two H2Hs at St James’ Park.