Match Preview: AS Roma 1-1 Sampdoria Predictions and Betting Tips 22.12.2021
AS Roma – Sampdoria Predictions & Tips For Today, December 22, 2021.
League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 19
Match: 18:30 AS Roma – Sampdoria
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
AS Roma – Sampdoria Match Preview
- Roma breathed new life into their ailing hopes of a top-four finish this term, destroying Atalanta 4-1 with a deadly counter-attacking display on Saturday. As clear favourites here, Roma are expected to complete a hat-trick of Serie A (SA) victories for the first time since they won their opening three league matches of this campaign.
- You would have to go back to September 2018 to find the last time Roma dropped any points from a half-time lead at home against a team not currently in the top half of SA. However, ‘La Lupa’ are not infallible, with four of their last five SA home wins to see both teams score witnessing visiting teams equalise for a 1-1 scoreline during play.
- Sampdoria were unable to hold out for a win against Venezia on Sunday, finding themselves held to a 1-1 draw themselves after leading for over 85 minutes. The points look likely to go either way here though, as Sampdoria have drawn just once in 12 SA away games (W5, L6). Yet, the fact that five of those losses saw them concede three or more times can only serve to alarm, especially as they’re not too far off the relegation places.
- On a brighter note, Sampdoria have scored the opener in each of their previous three away games. Should they do so again, they may start to believe that they can win away against Roma for the first time since January 2018, and bookend a current chain of three H2H away losses.
- Players to watch: Roma’s Tammy Abraham and Sampdoria’s Manolo Gabbiadini scored in the first minute of their respective weekend matches. Though Abraham contributed to a 4-1 win on Saturday, three of his last four decisive strikes have notably come in 1-0 victories. Meanwhile, Gabbiadini also scored the opener in Sampdoria’s last road trip (W 3-1 vs Genoa).
- Hot streak: Roma’s last seven SA home wins have seen them specifically lead 1-0 at the break.