Match Preview: Huddersfield 3-2 Blackpool Predictions and Betting Tips 26.12.2021
Huddersfield – Blackpool Predictions & Tips For Today, December 26, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 24
Match: 16:00 Huddersfield – Blackpool
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Huddersfield – Blackpool Match Preview
- Huddersfield may have won just one of their last five Championship matches (D2, L2), but they still sit only two points away from the promotion play-off places. Cutting the gap on those coveted spots will be the aim here but history makes for mixed reading: the ‘Terriers’ have lost their last three league Boxing Day matches, although they haven’t completed a run of four straight defeats on this day since 1966!
- The hosts’ recent home form offers further encouragement, as their return of six wins across their last ten Championship outings at the John Smith’s Stadium represents as many as they registered in their previous 21 (D7, L8). Netting first could be key, as each of Huddersfield’s nine league home matches to see a winner saw the victorious side on the day score first (W6, L3).
- Visiting Blackpool have won just one of their last eight league matches (D3, L4), but would match Huddersfield’s tally of 33 points with a win here as they sit three points off them ahead of this round. To do so they must rediscover their form in the final third as the ‘Tangerines’ have failed to score in four of their previous five Championship outings.
- Like their hosts, the newcomers have lost their previous three Boxing Day league matches, and the fact they’ve failed to score in their last two league road trips will concern coach Neil Critchley. That said, Blackpool have a never-say-die attitude, highlighted by claiming the joint-most points (nine) after conceding first on the road this Championship season.
- Players to watch: Huddersfield’s Josh Koroma has scored first in his last three goalscoring Championship games – including the reverse H2H in September. Meanwhile, Keshi Anderson weighed in with a goal and an assist in Blackpool’s victory last time out, and scored his team’s previous two league away goals.
- Hot stat: Blackpool have failed to score before half-time in a joint-league high 91% of their away games.