Match Preview: Newcastle 1-1 Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 27.12.2021
Newcastle – Manchester Utd Predictions & Tips For Today, December 27, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 19
Match: 21:00 Newcastle – Manchester Utd
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Huddersfield – Blackpool Match Preview
- A Premier League (PL) victory against Burnley at the start of December provided Newcastle United with belief in their bid for survival, but three successive PL defeats since has extinguished some of that hope. The ‘Magpies’ conceded 11 goals across those defeats, and a PL-high 41 ahead of this round, although they haven’t been shy in finding the net themselves, with 12 of their 18 PL games witnessing both teams score.
- Interestingly, this is the third successive season in which Newcastle have faced a Manchester club in their first fixture after Christmas Day, losing their last two by an aggregate 6-1 scoreline after trailing at half-time in both. Eddie Howe’s side are seemingly stronger in the first half this season though, and if PL games ended at half-time, Newcastle would sit 14th ahead of this round (HT: W3, D8, L7).
- Newcastle may be in luck facing top-five chasing Manchester United though, who have only led at half-time in one of their eight PL away games this season. However, this is a club that’s picked up more points on average (2.19) from Boxing Day to January 4 than any other in the PL’s history, and after winning their last three PL games, United look in good shape to not only build on that, but also win four successive top-flight matches for the first time since April.
- The ‘Red Devils’ could be classified as slow starters though, as they’re without a PL goal in the opening 15 minutes all season. Yet with 73% of their PL strikes coming in the second half, United fans shouldn’t worry if they trail early on, especially as they’ve won ten PL games from a losing position against Newcastle – no side has won more in that way against a single opponent in PL history!
- Players to watch: Newcastle’s Callum Wilson loves giving his side a platform, with five of his six PL goals this season serving as game openers. United’s Bruno Fernandes enjoys facing Newcastle – he’s scored beyond the 70 minute mark in all three of his prior H2H meetings.
- Hot stat: United have only kept one clean sheet against Newcastle in the last ten H2Hs.