Match Preview: Watford 1-4 West Ham Predictions and Betting Tips 28.12.2021
Watford – West Ham Predictions & Tips For Today, December 28, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20
Match: 16:00 Watford – West Ham
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 LOST
Watford – West Ham Match Preview
- Watford’s first Premier League (PL) outing since December 10 is expected to go ahead after a number of first team players completed isolation, but the effects of three consecutive postponed games won’t be known until the end of this crucial clash with West Ham United. The two W-teams of the league will be desperate for a ‘W’ in the form column, with neither having tasted victory for 3+ PL games.
- Fans of the ‘Hornets’ may have enjoyed the extended time away from football considering their side have suffered four straight PL defeats, even if Watford have inched closer to the drop zone during that time. They can draw some solace from having four more points now than at the same point of their ill-fated 2019/20 relegation campaign, alongside the fact they’ve scored in five consecutive PL matches.
- Boxing Day wasn’t kind to West Ham, as they lost 3-2 at home to Southampton despite equalising twice, a result that saw them slip out of the top five. Their attention now turns to correcting a dwindling travelling record that was once responsible for their illustrious heights early in the season. After winning four of their first five PL away trips (D1), the ‘Hammers’ have since failed to win four in a row (D1, L3).
- Furthermore, that home defeat to Southampton was the sixth time in seven PL matches that West Ham failed to score first, and with the only exception leading to their sole league victory since early November (W1, D2, L4), it appears to be a habit they need to snap out of quickly.
- Players to watch: Emmanuel Dennis has scored in four of his last five PL appearances for Watford, including two team opening goals. Meanwhile, West Ham’s Tomáš Souček was an early goalscorer in one of their two 3-1 wins over Watford in 2019/20.
- Hot stat: The last six H2Hs have all been decided by a 2+ goal margin.