Match Preview: Blackpool 1-2 Middlesbrough Predictions and Betting Tips 29.12.2021
Blackpool – Middlesbrough Predictions & Tips For Today, December 29, 2021.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25
Match: 20:45 Blackpool – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Blackpool – Middlesbrough Match Preview
- One of only four Championship sides to play on Boxing Day, Blackpool let a lead slip twice as they fell to a 3-2 defeat at Huddersfield. Though nowhere near the promotion battle at present, Blackpool seek a first league double over Middlesbrough since their fairytale 2009/10 season, following a shock 2-1 victory at the Riverside earlier in the campaign.
- The only side Blackpool have beaten across the last nine rounds is relegation-threatened Peterborough (D3, L5). However, that victory emphasised Blackpool’s ‘never say die’ attitude, as they overcame a 1-0 deficit to win, and on that note, only Coventry have picked up more points than Blackpool’s 13 from losing positions this campaign.
- Middlesbrough were also in action on Boxing Day, and recorded a convincing 2-0 victory over Nottingham Forest to move into the top-six for the first time since matchday 14. That further boosted Chris Wilder’s win-rate as Boro manager (W4, D2, L1), but his attention now turns to maintaining an unbeaten away record in the Teesside hotseat (W1, D1).
- While the visitors boast an impressive run of four straight clean sheets, there is an undercurrent of caution, with Middlesbrough losing three of their four competitive clashes against promoted opposition this season. That includes a 3-0 cup loss here in August, which made it four defeats by a multi-goal margin across six trips to Bloomfield Road this century (W2).
- Players to watch: Blackpool top-scorer Jerry Yates (seven goals) hit his first match opener on Boxing Day – three of his six league goals prior to that were equalisers. Meanwhile, Andraž Šporar is Middlesbrough’s only scorer (excluding own goals) across their last three games, with both goals coming after half-time.
- Hot stat: Blackpool have failed to win each of their last ten year-ending league fixtures (D5, L5).