Match Preview: Manchester Utd 0-1 Wolves Predictions and Betting Tips 03.01.2022
Manchester Utd – Wolves Predictions & Tips For Today, January 3, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 21
Match: 18:30 Manchester Utd – Wolves
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Manchester Utd – Wolves Match Preview
- The opening Premier League (PL) matchday of 2022 ends with an interesting and vital clash between top-four hopefuls Manchester United and European challengers Wolverhampton Wanderers. Encouragingly for hosts United, no PL side in history can boast a greater win-rate in the month of January than them (65%), essentially eliminating their need for an instant new year’s resolution!
- Providing further encouragement for the hosts is the fact that they’re currently on their longest run of league wins against Wolves (W3) since a run ending in 1968. Not only do the ‘Red Devils’ perform well in January and against this opposition, they also boast the PL’s greatest win-rate in games played on Monday (65%), further suggesting that there’ll be no festive hangover here for Ralf Rangnick’s outfit.
- Visiting Wolves are still in contention for a European finish, though they are expected to struggle here against a side that they’ve not beaten in an away league game in over 40 years (D3, L7)! As a result and considering the latter, it’s tough to see the visitors further extending upon their impressive current 204-minute run without conceding a goal.
- It may not take much to settle this one, as each of Wolves’ last seven PL games (W2, D3, L2) have featured just one goal or none at all. Interestingly, only two sides in PL history can claim longer runs of consecutive games featuring under 1.5 goals – and none since a nine-game run involving Burnley in 2016.
- Players to watch: Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes has scored against seven of the ten sides he faced 4+ times in the PL, and this is now his fourth game against Wolves as he looks for his first H2H goal. Meanwhile, Romain Saïss’ recent goal against Brighton was Wolves’ only PL strike across their last six games!
- Hot stat: Wolves have never won the opening game of a calendar year as a PL side (D2, L5).