Match Preview: Hoffenheim 3-1 Augsburg Predictions and Betting Tips 08.01.2022
Hoffenheim – Augsburg Predictions & Tips For Today, January 8, 2022.
League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 18
Match: 15:30 Hoffenheim – Augsburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Hoffenheim – Augsburg Match Preview
- Two consecutive Bundesliga draws saw Hoffenheim slip out of the top four, although it’s still been a positive season in which they secured their third-best first half of the campaign points haul (28 – W8, D4, L5). The hosts are favourites here to build on that, particularly given their robust record of keeping nine Bundesliga clean sheets vs Augsburg – that’s more than against any other team in the competition – although they are without one in a home H2H since 2017.
- Moreover, Hoffenheim are unbeaten in seven competitive home matches (W6, D1), averaging three goals per game during this run. Another victory should put them back on track to chase a first top-four finish since 2017/18, but with an unremarkable home league record as betting favourites this season (W4, D2, L1), the hosts will need to guard against complacency.
- Relegation-threatened Augsburg are unbeaten in three league outings (W1, D2), but they still sit only one point above 16th place coming into this round. But a good first-half performance here might see them extend that gap as they haven’t conceded after the break in eight consecutive league matches.
- Another reason the visitors will hope to secure an early advantage is because they’re unbeaten when netting first in this top-flight campaign (W3, D1). Ironically though, early goals have often gone against them as they’ve conceded a league-high eight goals during the opening 15 minutes, while Augsburg are the only Bundesliga team yet to score inside that period of a league fixture.
- Players to watch: Georginio Rutter has four goal contributions for Hoffenheim across his last five league appearances (G3, A1), with three arriving before the break. For the visitors, Daniel Caligiuri has converted a penalty in the 86th minute in two of his last four top-flight outings.
- Hot stat: Hoffenheim have scored a league-high 12 goals beyond the 75th minute this top-flight season.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022