Match Preview: Rayo Vallecano 1-1 Betis Predictions and Betting Tips 09.01.2022
Rayo Vallecano – Betis Predictions & Tips For Today, January 9, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 20
Match: 14:00 Rayo Vallecano – Betis
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Rayo Vallecano – Betis Match Preview
- Even after kicking 2022 off with a defeat against city rivals Atlético Madrid, Rayo Vallecano are still enjoying their first season back at the top. Only nine promoted sides in La Liga (LL) history – and none since Villarreal in 2013/14 – have picked up more than Rayo’s 30-point haul at this stage, provoking hopes of European football next term.
- Rayo’s league-high tally of 25 home points to date (W8, D1), which accounts for 83% of their total haul this term, further fuels belief that they can triumph again. So too does the fact that Rayo have conceded just one goal across their last 526 minutes of home league play.
- After losing 3-2 in their most recent league trip, Real Betis will hope to continue emulating what was a solid 2021 on the road, during which they never lost consecutive away league games. The ‘Verdiblancos’ sit three points above Rayo and harbour their own European ambitions, and can also boast a stronger away league record than all but two sides ahead of this round.
- There should be a winner either way, as none of Betis manager Manuel Pellegrini’s five prior personal H2Hs with Rayo ended level (W3, L2). Even so, the fact that each of the last four saw both teams score provokes expectations of a high-octane battle with plenty of twists.
- Players to watch: Radamel Falcao was eased back into action from the bench last time out for Rayo – he’s featured with a goal in four of their nine league wins since his arrival. Meanwhile, Juanmi equalled his finest ever scoring LL season with his 11th goal in Betis’ last away game, which was his third consecutive goalscoring away league appearance.
- Hot stat: Five of Betis’ six away defeats suffered in 2021 saw them trail 1-0 at the break.