Match Preview: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips 13.01.2022
Liverpool – Arsenal Predictions & Tips For Today, January 13, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: EFL Cup – Semi-finals
Match: 20:45 Liverpool – Arsenal
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Liverpool – Arsenal Match Preview
- A Covid-related postponement of the initial fixture has resulted in a swap of venues for the 235th H2H contest between Liverpool and old-rivals Arsenal, with Anfield now hosting this EFL Cup semi-final first-leg between two sides trying to manage Covid related absences and the departure of key players to the AFCON. This match will mark the 17th League Cup meeting between these clubs, making it the most contested matchup in the competition’s history, and Liverpool should be confident after losing only twice in the last 18 H2H encounters (W8, D8 – in regulation time) in all competitions.
- The hosts snapped a rare four-game winless run (D3, L1 – in regulation time) with a 4-1 FA Cup victory over Shrewsbury last time out, as an experimental squad got the job done for the returning Jürgen Klopp. Possibly targeting this competition for some silverware with the league title almost out of reach, the Liverpool boss will nonetheless be wary here as the ‘Reds’ have fallen out of the EFL Cup at this stage in two of their last three attempts.
- Eyeing his second piece of major silverware for the club and a direct route into Europe, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta will look to guide the club past the semi’s for the fourth time in their last five attempts. An embarrassing FA Cup defeat to Nottingham Forest at the weekend would’ve dented his side’s confidence, as they aim to head back to the Emirates with something to defend.
- Expect sparks to fly across the 180 minutes, as the last five H2H fixtures in this competition between these two saw 28 goals in total. The ‘Gunners’ have caught the brunt of Liverpool’s force recently, conceding 3+ goals in nine of their last 11 Anfield visits.
- Players to watch: Liverpool will be hoping Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can perform against his former employers, given the ‘Reds’ have won all 14 games in which he’s scored (including extra time and penalties), while Arsenal will look to the experience of Alexandre Lacazette as 12 of his last 16 club goals have come away from home.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have only trailed at half-time twice in 30 competitive matches this season.