Match Preview: Morocco 2-0 Comoros Predictions and Betting Tips 14.01.2022
Morocco – Comoros Predictions & Tips For Today, January 14, 2022.
League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 2
Match: 17:00 Morocco – Comoros
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Morocco – Comoros Match Preview
- Morocco, Africa’s second-highest rated nation according to FIFA’s rankings, got their African Cup of Nations (AFCON) campaign off to the perfect start, with a late winner securing a 1-0 win over fellow group contenders Ghana. The men from north Africa have made being on the winning side of close AFCON games a habit, winning each of their last five AFCON group games by a slender 1-0 scoreline.
- The ‘Atlas Lions’ are one of the most in-form teams on the continent with their undefeated streak now stretching to a staggering 30 games (W25, D5 – in regulation time). The champions of the 1976 edition could all but secure their place in the knockout rounds early with a win here, as they gear up for only their third fixture against Comoros (W1, D1) and their first in major competition.
- Comoros themselves are coming off a narrow 1-0 loss to Gabon in their first AFCON group game, knowing they can hold their heads up high in their competition debut, dominating the match after conceding early. Having sprung a few surprises in their qualifying group to get to the showpiece tournament, and coming into this competition off the back of three friendly wins, ‘Les Coelacantes’ may prove to be a difficult opponent here.
- Ranked as the 132nd best nation according to FIFA, one thing we do know about Comoros is that they find goals hard to come by, scoring only seven in their last 14 competitive fixtures. That includes scoring the second-lowest goal tally (four goals in six games) in their AFCON qualification group.
- Players to watch: Scorer of Morocco’s winner last time out, Sofiane Boufal has seen all of his five club goals this season serve as the match opener. Meanwhile, Comoros’ danger man El Fardou Ben has scored seven of his ten goals this season for club and country after half-time.
- Hot stat: Morocco have kept a clean sheet in 15 of their last 17 matches.