Match Preview: Preston 2-2 Sheffield Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 18.01.2022
Preston – Sheffield Utd Predictions & Tips For Today, January 18, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 24
Match: 20:45 Preston – Sheffield Utd
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Preston – Sheffield Utd Match Preview
- With more than half of the season played and a ten-point gap to make up to the top six, Preston North End’s ambitions for the top six – let alone a first Championship promotion playoff final since 2005 – appear forlorn, even with two games in hand. The first of those is this clash with Sheffield United, rescheduled from Boxing Day.
- Each of Preston’s last four league victories have ended with a 2-1 scoreline, while seeing the winning goal scored in the final 15 minutes of regulation time. The ‘Lilywhites’ may need multiple goals though, after securing just one clean sheet across their last seven home games (W3, D2, L2).
- This clash represents an astounding fifth away game in a row for Sheffield United, who have begun to look travel sick after following up two wins with back-to-back road defeats ‘to nil’. However, the ‘Blades’ boast as many as three games in hand over their rivals for a top-six berth, so the club’s hopes of an instant Premier League return have not yet entirely faded.
- ‘Blades’ boss Paul Heckingbottom will first of all hope to return to the sideline after a bout of Covid, then he can focus on improving a frustrating personal record vs Preston (W1, D3, L1). However, this is his first H2H meeting as Sheffield United manager, but it could go well as they’ve lost just one of the last six away league H2Hs (W3, D2, L1).
- Players to watch: Preston’s Emil Riis has scored a career-best 12 competitive goals this season, while nine of his ten goalscoring games have also produced over 2.5 total goals. For his part, Sheffield United’s David McGoldrick loves this fixture, scoring six and assisting three goals across his 13 career H2Hs with Preston.
- Hot stat: Preston boast an 85% unbeaten rate across their last 34 home league games played on a Tuesday (W16, D13, L5).