Match Preview: Celta Vigo 2-0 Osasuna Predictions and Betting Tips 19.01.2022
Celta Vigo – Osasuna Predictions & Tips For Today, January 19, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 21
Match: 19:00 Celta Vigo – Osasuna
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Celta Vigo – Osasuna Match Preview
- Ahead of their first home match of 2022, Celta Vigo might welcome a return to familiar surroundings as the mid-table La Liga (LL) outfit recently suffered two consecutive away defeats. One saw them embarrassingly exit the Copa del Rey to lower league Atlético Baleares, the other – a 1-0 defeat to Real Sociedad – ended a three-match unbeaten league run (W2, D1).
- However, they haven’t kept a clean sheet in six home LL fixtures (W1, D2, L3) and having claimed just 35% of their league points this term at Balaídos, this venue hasn’t been that kind to them! Hoping for better in 2022, Celta will see this fixture as an opportunity to redress the balance as they’re unbeaten in five H2Hs here (W3, D2).
- But Osasuna have realistic hopes of claiming a first away H2H victory since September 2006 as they lie two points ahead of Celta after their recent 2-0 win over Cádiz, garnering their best 20-game LL points haul since 2011/12. Their best chance might be to attack from the off as five (45%) of their first-half goals in the league this term came inside the opening 15 minutes.
- On the road, the opposite has been true though as Osasuna have netted four times after the 75th minute, accounting for 67% of their goals after half-time. However, although their last league away strike came during that period, that was back in October – since then they’ve drawn five consecutive blanks in LL away action (D2, L3) for the first time since October/November 1986!
- Players to watch: Santi Mina (CEL) has bagged the match-opener in four of his five goalscoring LL outings this term, three times within the first 15 minutes. Meanwhile, Chimy Ávila has scored twice while collecting four cards (3Y, 1R) across his last six appearances for Osasuna!
- Hot stat: The away side on the day failed to score before half-time in six of the last seven H2Hs.