Match Preview: Getafe 4-2 Granada CF Predictions and Betting Tips 20.01.2022
Getafe – Granada CF Predictions & Tips For Today, January 20, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 21
Match: 19:00 Getafe – Granada CF
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:2 WON!!!
Getafe – Granada CF Match Preview
- After starting the season winless across their opening 11 La Liga (LL) matches, it seemed as though Getafe were destined to be relegated this season. Yet clearly the return of manager Quique Sánchez Flores in October has had the desired impact, with the hosts now out of the bottom-three having lost just two of their previous ten league clashes (W4, D4).
- One of those defeats came last time out at the hands of Sevilla (1-0) and coincidentally that was their third consecutive league fixture that finished by that same scoreline (W2). It was also their sixth straight LL encounter which produced two match goals of fewer so perhaps it’s unsurprising then that Getafe head into this matchday with the lowest goal average per league game this campaign (1.70).
- The last three H2H clashes with Granada also produced two or fewer goals, meaning that another tight contest might be on the cards in this matchup, especially when you take into account the form of the visitors who grabbed a late point against ten-man Barcelona last time out (1-1) to make it seven LL matches without a loss (W3, D4). That’s equalled their best undefeated streak in the competition in a single campaign since all the way back in 1968/69!
- Although the mood in the Granada camp should be high, their away form in isolation isn’t as strong. They’re winless across their last four LL away games (D3, L1) and have won on the road just once all season (W1, D6, L3). That’s a record not helped by the fact that their opponents have struck first in six of those ten encounters.
- Players to watch: Loving life under his new manager, Enes Ünal has scored six goals across the 12 LL games Sánchez Flores has been in charge – the last two came in the opening 30 minutes. Antonio Puertas’ late strike vs Barcelona made it five goal contributions across his last seven competitive Granada appearances (G4, A1).
- Hot stat: Getafe (61) and Granada (55) account for two of the division’s five most yellow-carded sides this season.