Match Preview: Colombia 0-1 Peru Predictions and Betting Tips 28.01.2022
Colombia – Peru Predictions & Tips For Today, January 28, 2022.
League: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 15
Match: 22:00 Colombia – Peru
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Colombia – Peru Match Preview
- Level on points ahead of this clash, Colombia (W3, D8, L3) and Peru (W5, D2, L7) maintain genuine hopes of finishing in the top five of CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) and will know that winning here would greatly help their qualification aspirations. Colombia themselves are stumbling towards the finish line in this campaign after a strong start, having failed to score in five straight WCQ games (D4, L1)!
- At least their defence is holding firm, with only Brazil – once – able to break through during that sequence whilst a 2-1 friendly win over Honduras (Jan 16) will have boosted morale. That was much-needed as Colombia prepare to play a side whom they’ve only lost to once in 12 H2Hs (W8, D3), including coming out victorious in last year’s Copa Ámerica (CA) third-place play-off.
- This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Peruvian Football Federation’s foundation and ‘La Blanquirroja’ kick-off their landmark year unbeaten in four internationals (W3, D1) and with an eye on their second WCQ success in as many attempts. With just one draw across their last 13 WCQ matches (W5, L7), a win either way in this clash seems likely again, especially as there’s been no H2H stalemate since October 2017 (Peru: W1, L4 since).
- Peru have failed to score in four of their last six WCQ away matches however, (W2, L4) and haven’t netted in a WCQ match in Colombia since August 2001, so the trip north has seldom been one they’ve enjoyed. The visitors could make history here though, by winning back-to-back WCQ away matches for the first time this millennium!
- Players to watch: Colombia’s Miguel Borja netted his side’s CA group-stage opener against Peru in June and opened the scoring against Chile in September while Christian Cueva has scored two of Peru’s last four away WCQ goals, both coming between the 60th and 65th minute.
- Hot stat: Peru have collected exactly two yellow cards in four of their last five competitive internationals.