Match Preview: Hull 2-0 Swansea Predictions and Betting Tips 29.01.2022
Hull – Swansea Predictions & Tips For Today, January 29, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 29
Match: 16:00 Hull – Swansea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Hull – Swansea Match Preview
- Hull City’s recent five-game Championship winless streak (D2, L3) will have had fans worried that the ‘Tigers’ were destined for another relegation battle, yet their side have since followed up that bad form with consecutive wins ‘to nil’ against current top-three sides! Despite those fantastic results and the fact that Hull sit nine points clear of the drop zone ahead of the weekend, the club still parted company with head coach Grant McCann on Tuesday at the wish of their new owners.
- A clear improvement at the MKM Stadium can be seen of late , as the division newcomers have won three of their last five Championship home games (D1, L1), representing as many as they managed in the 20 prior! The H2H history also makes for positive reading, as Hull are unbeaten in their previous five competitive home H2Hs with Swansea City (W4, D1), scoring over 2.5 goals in the last two.
- A return of five points from their three Championship matches in 2022 (W1, D2) has helped visiting Swansea put some much-needed distance between themselves and the relegation zone. That recent form has been built on strong performances after the break, as the ‘Swans’ have kept a second-half clean sheet on each occasion.
- The opening 30 minutes is where they need to improve though, especially on the road, as no Championship side has conceded more goals (nine) during that period. Making a quick start has proven a huge positive for the visitors this season, as Swansea have won both Championship away fixtures in which they held the lead at half-time.
- Players to watch: Hull’s George Honeyman has scored the game’s opener in four of his five goalscoring Championship games, including three on home soil. Aiming to eclipse him, in-form Joël Piroe has been involved in 54% of Swansea’s league goals this season (G11, A4).
- Hot stat: The side that opened the scoring has won none of the last five Championship H2Hs that featured at least one goal (D3, L2).