Match Preview: Cardiff 2-1 Nottingham Predictions and Betting Tips 30.01.2022
Cardiff – Nottingham Predictions & Tips For Today, January 30, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 29
Match: 17:00 Cardiff – Nottingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Cardiff – Nottingham Match Preview
- Cardiff City fell to a 3-2 loss at Bristol City in the Severnside derby last time around, leaving them winless across six Championship games (D2, L4). The ‘Bluebirds’ are also just three points above the relegation zone ahead of this weekend’s fixtures, and with Cardiff scoring just four first-half league goals all season, poor starts are a major factor in their current plight.
- This may not be the right venue to correct that record though, as a return of nine losses across Cardiff’s last ten Championship home matches (W1, L9) includes seven scoring blanks. The Welsh club’s pre-interval woes also extend to the backline too, with Steve Morison’s men keeping a league-low nine first-half clean sheets this season.
- There are no such problems for Morison’s opposite number and namesake Steve Cooper, with his top-six chasing Nottingham Forest side winning six times across their last eight Championship games. Yet, the visitors still face a psychological uphill task here, having lost 11 of their last 14 league H2Hs vs Cardiff (W2, D1, L11) including the reverse fixture.
- The resurgent ‘Reds’ are looking to win four Championship games in a row for only the second time this season, but they too have struggled to ignite lately, with just two of their last 14 league goals arriving before half-time. Unsurprisingly, 25 of Forest’s last 28 Championship matches have seen under 1.5 first-half goals, and few would be surprised at a repeat here.
- Players to watch: Max Watters grabbed a late goal as a substitute in Cardiff’s last match, registering his maiden Championship strike. Looking to strike early will be Lewis Grabban, who’s netted Forest’s first goal in eight of his last 11 goalscoring Championship games.
- Hot stat: Just one of the 28 prior H2Hs played this century has seen both teams score before half-time.