Match Preview: Valencia 0-0 Real Sociedad Predictions and Betting Tips 06.02.2022
Valencia – Real Sociedad Predictions & Tips For Today, February 6, 2022.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 21
Match: 15:30 Augsburg – Union Berlin
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Valencia – Real Sociedad Match Preview
- Midweek victory over Cádiz saw Valencia advance to the Copa del Rey semi-finals and their cup exploits have proved a welcome distraction from their abject La Liga (LL) form of late (D1, L3). Things can only get better so they say and a European place is still within reach, but Real Sociedad might prove a stumbling block as Valencia have won just one of the last six LL H2Hs (D4, L1)!
- Although José Bordalás may have struggled to improve on their poor campaigns over the last two seasons, the Valencia boss has certainly instilled a ‘strong jaw’ mentality into his side. ‘Los murciélagos’ have collected the most points from losing positions in LL, although perhaps that’s because only relegation-threatened Alaves (17) have trailed in more than Valencia’s 15 LL games this season ahead of the round!
- Sociedad’s season has faltered of late, with just one win in their last eight LL games, yet they are still on the coattails of their fellow European chasers. The Copa del Rey had provided a welcome break from their recent LL struggles, but a 4-0 home thumping from Real Betis swiftly quashed that confidence and a return to league action on the road is less than ideal having not won in their last three such games (D1, L2).
- In fact, another winless LL away game on Sunday would mark their longest run without an away league victory since a seven-game run in 2019. Expect Sociedad to fight tooth and nail until the end to avoid that unwanted record though, as 40% of their LL away goals this season have arrived beyond the 75th minute.
- Players to watch: Hugo Duro was the hero for Valencia in the Copa del Rey and his last 19 goalscoring appearances have seen both teams score. Meanwhile, Mikel Oyarzabal is Sociedad’s lucky charm in LL – they have won six of the last eight LL games in which he has netted.
- Hot stat: No side has scored less than Sociedad’s two first-half LL away goals this season.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022