Match Preview: Blackburn 0-2 Nottingham Predictions and Betting Tips 09.02.2022
Blackburn – Nottingham Predictions & Tips For Today, February 9, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 31
Match: 20:45 Coventry – Blackpool
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Blackburn – Nottingham Match Preview
- After a 1-0 loss to Swansea last time around, Blackburn Rovers have now dropped points in four of their last six Championship matches (W2, D2, L2) but still remain in second place. Four scoring blanks during this sequence is the prime concern, with ‘Rovers’ failing to net in just three of their 24 Championship matches prior.
- This lean scoring patch has robbed Blackburn of a golden chance to bridge the gap at the top, leaving them vulnerable to losing ground in the top-four race. However, returning to Ewood Park is probably the best possible antidote, as Blackburn have won six times across their last seven Championship home games (D1) since the inglorious 7-0 defeat to Fulham.
- Extending that record comes with an incentive of completing a first league double over Nottingham Forest since 2016/17, with Blackburn having won 2-1 in the reverse fixture. That is easier said than done though, because it will be a confident Forest side travelling to East Lancashire, after a 4-1 win over holders Leicester City put them in the FA Cup fifth round for just the second time in 17 years.
- Interestingly, Forest also have the chance to win back-to-back away league H2Hs for the first time since January 1977, after prevailing 1-0 here last season. However, the ‘Reds’ have stuttered recently, with two losses across the last three Championship away games, conceding once in each half in those defeats.
- Key battle: Darragh Lenihan has scored the third goal of the match with both of his strikes this Championship campaign, including a strike in the reverse fixture. Yet, it’s his defensive prowess that will be important when keeping Forest’s red-hot loanee striker Keinan Davis in check – he has scored the Trentside club’s opening goal in his last two Championship matches.
- Hot stat: Forest have scored 40% of their Championship away goals beyond the 80th minute.