Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 0-0 Hull Predictions and Betting Tips 15.02.2022
Sheffield Utd – Hull Predictions & Tips For Today, February 15, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 25
Match: 21:00 Sheffield Utd – Hull
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Sheffield Utd – Hull Match Preview
- Despite a goalless draw last time around with fellow playoff hopefuls Huddersfield, Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom will be pleased that his side continued their longest unbeaten streak of this Championship campaign (W4, D2). A key component behind this upsurge in form has been their strong defensive performances and the ‘Blades’ have landed eight clean sheets across their last 12 league games after managing just three in the 17 matches prior.
- Bramall Lane is fast-becoming a fortress with United keeping four straight league clean sheets there (W3, D1), a run that includes three successive 2-0 Championship wins. Another victory here would see the ‘Blades’ secure a league double over Hull City after winning 3-1 in the reverse fixture, and make it four straight H2H wins for the first time ever in a rivalry dating back to 1915.
- Stopping that will take a lot for struggling Hull who have lost three league games in a row, including a 1-0 defeat last time around to league-leaders Fulham. The tight nature of that loss against the division’s best side meant manager Shota Arveladze was left upbeat afterwards, stating “There’s a lot to take from this performance.” Whilst that might be true, the lack of goals coming from his team should remain a big area of concern – only two Championship sides have scored fewer goals than the ‘Tigers’ (26) who have failed to score in 15 league games so far.
- This poor scoring record has played a part in Hull’s inability to claw back deficits with just five points earned from losing positions this season. There’s been little joy on their travels either with Hull winning just one of their last five Championship away games (D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Morgan Gibbs-White assisted Sheffield United’s first goal in the reverse fixture and has scored their first goal of the game with his previous four Championship strikes. Although he could be upstaged by Hull’s George Honeyman who scored the match opener with four of his previous five Championship goals.
- Hot stat: Sheffield United’s league matches have produced a league-low average of 0.66 first-half goals this season.