Match Preview: Inter 0-2 Liverpool Predictions and Betting Tips 16.02.2022
Inter – Liverpool Predictions & Tips For Today, February 16, 2022.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Match: 21:00 Inter – Liverpool
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Inter – Liverpool Match Preview
- Many neutrals will be thanking the UEFA Champions League (UCL) Round of 16 re-draw that took place, as a mouthwatering affair between two of the continent’s giants now awaits when Inter Milan take on Liverpool. The hosts of the first leg and Group D runners-up Inter come into this match as underdogs despite losing only one of their last 11 matches (W8, D2), while only allowing their opposition to score 2+ goals in a match twice in that run.
- Making their first appearance in the UCL Round of 16 since 2011/12, Inter will face English opposition at this stage of the competition under the current UCL format for the fourth time, securing progression only once in their previous three attempts. One of those failures was against Liverpool in 2007/08, losing 3-0 on aggregate after losing both legs.
- Inter will be hoping home ground advantage pays dividends here after losing only once at home in their 12 league matches this season (W9, D2), scoring the first goal on ten occasions. But Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool won’t be intimidated, having already left the San Siro with a win this season after beating AC Milan in the group stage.
- That game rounded off the ‘Reds’ winning all of their Group B matches, with all but one game seeing 2+ goals scored during the first half, and they now head into this encounter on the back of six straight domestic wins. Obviously in great form, they’ll travel with confidence, and in the knowledge that facing Italian opposition in the UCL knockouts has served them well historically, losing only two of their seven such games (W4, D1), while keeping clean sheets on two of the three occasions they’ve played away in a two-legged tie.
- Players to watch: Inter’s Edin Dzeko has scored in each of his last three H2H appearances, while Liverpool have only lost once across the 24 UCL matches that Mohamed Salah has found the net (W24, D2).
- Hot stat: Liverpool have scored 2+ goals in 19 of their last 22 competitive away matches.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022