Match Preview: Fenerbahce 2-3 Slavia Prague Predictions and Betting Tips 17.02.2022
Fenerbahce – Slavia Prague Predictions & Tips For Today, February 17, 2022.
League: EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/16-FINALS
Match: 18:45 Fenerbahce – Slavia Prague
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 LOST
Fenerbahce – Slavia Prague Match Preview
- Just one group stage win in this season’s UEFA Europa League (UEL) was enough to grant Fenerbahçe a transfer to the inaugural Europa Conference League’s knockout round playoffs. Now the Turkish outfit look to reach the Round of 16 in any European competition for the first time since 2015/16, but come into the game amid poor domestic form and sitting 20 points off the pace in the Super Lig.
- With August 2013 still the last time Fenerbahçe won a European home game after conceding first, they must address the errors that saw them concede an opener inside the first half hour during all three of this season’s UEL group stage home matches (D2, L1).
- This match takes place 19 years to the month of Slavia Prague’s only prior visit to Turkey, when they lost 4-2 against Beşiktaş. There are hopes of an upset here, but as was the case back then in February 2003, Slavia have ended up eliminated in each of their last six European knockout ties to see them lose the away leg, so the warnings are there!
- Slavia’s hopes stem much from memories of 2-0 wins at trophy-winning Leicester and Rangers sides only last year. There can be no complaints about Slavia’s domestic away form either, after just one loss in 33 Czech First League road trips, but the fact that they’ve conceded exactly twice in three of five European away games this term only heightens expectations of a difficult night in Istanbul for the Czech champions.
- Players to watch: Mërgim Berisha struck before half-time in two of Fenerbahçe’s last three UEL group matches, including their finale. Slavia’s Ivan Schranz also netted on matchday six of the European calendar, though decisive goals have proved elusive for him since last July, with each of his previous five goalscoring matches across all competitions seeing both teams score.
- Hot stat: Fenerbahçe are unbeaten against Czech teams this century (W3, D1), with all three wins ending 1-0.
Match Preview: Dynamo Kyiv - Benfica Predictions and Betting Tips 17.08.2022
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and Betting Tips 16.08.2022
Match Preview: Getafe - Atletico Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.08.2022
Match Preview: AC Ajaccio - Lens Predictions and Betting Tips 14.08.2022