Match Preview: Granada CF 1-4 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 19.02.2022
Granada CF – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, February 19, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 25
Match: 14:00 Granada CF – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 WON!!!
Granada CF – Villarreal Match Preview
- Currently on a four-game losing streak in La Liga (LL), Granada sit precariously close to the relegation zone in 17th, and look set for a turbulent climax to the season. Their defending at Nuevo Los Cármenes is a particular concern that manager Robert Moreno needs to address, with the Andalusians recording a home league-low of just one clean sheet so far.
- Granada have also failed to score in their last three fixtures overall, while conceding between the 60th-75th minute in each of those matches. On a brighter note for ‘Nazaríes’, only one of these losses came at home, a 0-2 defeat to Osasuna that saw Granada fail to score at home for the first time this season, while interrupting a four-match undefeated home run prior (W3, D1).
- Opponents Villarreal arrive in an opposite vein of form, keeping clean sheets and going undefeated in their last three league fixtures (W2, D1). Targeting the European spots, the seventh-placed ‘Yellow Submarine’ will be keen on torpedoing up the table, after finishing outside the top six in the last two seasons, but have seen only 11 of their 36 league points won on their travels this term.
- Home and away, Villarreal are at least undefeated when scoring first in LL this campaign (W8, D2), and are also unbeaten in 11 LL H2Hs (W6, D5), while shutting out the Granada attack on seven of those occasions. All five of Villarreal’s away meetings in that streak saw them keep a first-half clean sheet, potentially priming them to make it a third straight win at this venue.
- Players to watch: Granada will be hoping for some Antonio Puertas magic, having never lost at home when he’s scored (W9, D3), while Villarreal’s Arnaut Danjuma has been a true second-half menace this term, scoring seven of his nine goals after half-time.
- Hot stat: Villarreal have seen the same half-time/full-time result in 18 of their 24 LL fixtures this season.