Match Preview: Espanyol 1-1 Sevilla Predictions and Betting Tips 20.02.2022
Espanyol – Sevilla Predictions & Tips For Today, February 20, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 25
Match: 14:00 Espanyol – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Espanyol – Sevilla Match Preview
- Failure to keep a clean sheet for the 13th successive game across all competitions ensured Espanyol’s winless start to 2022 in La Liga (LL) continued in heartbreaking fashion, as they conceded a 96th minute equaliser to draw 2-2 in Sunday’s Catalan derby vs rivals Barcelona. Their defensive frailties need urgent attention to ward off any growing concern about dropping into the relegation battle, as they’ve now scored first in three of their last four LL matches but haven’t recorded a victory (D2, L2).
- Despite a recent three-game winless run at home (D1, L2), the ‘Periquitos’ can thank the RCDE Stadium faithful for the majority of the progress that has been made, as they’ve won 21 of their 28 league points on home soil this season. There’ll be some sweaty palms in the home dressing room when second-placed title challengers Sevilla come to town though, with Espanyol failing to win any of the last seven H2H matches (D2, L5).
- To add salt to the wounds, Sevilla’s last three trips to this venue have all produced wins ‘to nil’, much like their 2-0 triumph over Elche last time out in LL. That was their tenth LL match undefeated (W6, D4), with the five prior to that Elche result all being won by one-goal margins.
- ‘Sevillistas Rojiblancos’ have made a habit of opening the scoring in their league matches this season, much like their midweek 3-1 win in Europe, doing so 17 times – the most of any LL side. A strong conversion rate when achieving that feat has aided their title pursuit, winning 44 of the 51 points available when opening the scoring in LL.
- Players to watch: On top of scoring in each of his last five LL matches, Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomás has netted ten of his 13 goals this campaign at home. Sevilla’s Rafa Mir scored in the reverse fixture, contributing to six of his last nine goals this season arriving after half-time.
- Hot stat: Sevilla have only lost one LL match all season when starting as the betting favourite (W12, D7).