Match Preview: Celta Vigo 1-1 Levante Predictions and Betting Tips 21.02.2022
Celta Vigo – Levante Predictions & Tips For Today, February 21, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 25
Match: 21:00 Celta Vigo – Levante
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Celta Vigo – Levante Match Preview
- Celta Vigo have hit form at an opportune time and one defeat from eight La Liga (LL) matches (W4, D3) means that they’re in contention to qualify for Europe next term. Things would be looking even rosier had they not missed a penalty against Cádiz (D 0-0) or let a two-goal lead slip to draw 2-2 with Sevilla during that sequence.
- They’re not missing many opportunities at home though, recording three consecutive home league wins with ‘Sky Blues’ fans witnessing 2+ goals on each occasion at Balaídos, where the goals have also tended to flow when Levante visit. Since October 2013, only last year’s 2-0 home win produced under 2.5 goals (Vigo: W4, L2)!
- Bottom-club Levante won the two prior meetings here and they gave themselves an enormous confidence boost by beating reigning champions Atlético Madrid 1-0 last time out. They’ll need several more victories on top of that though if they’re to save their top-flight status, as they’ll start this match at least ten points behind the side sat in 17th place.
- That victory at Atlético was their first league away win of the season (D2, L9) so they’ll hope that they’ve turned the corner, particularly as it came coupled with their first LL away clean sheet since April 2021! They haven’t kept one here since October 2013 though, so they’ll have to work hard to repeat the feat, especially as they’ve conceded a league-high average (prior to the round) of 2.42 goals per league away game this season.
- Players to watch: Midfielder Brais Méndez has three direct goal contributions (G2, A1) across Celta’s last three league matches, setting up a key battle in the centre of the park against Levante’s midweek hero, Gonzalo Melero. His winner was his third goal in a row to come between the 50th and 65th minute.
- Hot stat: At least five yellow cards were shown in eight of Levante’s last ten LL fixtures.