Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 2-0 Celtic Predictions and Betting Tips 24.02.2022
Bodo/Glimt – Celtic Predictions & Tips For Today, February 24, 2022.
League: EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/16-FINALS
Match: 18:45 Bodo/Glimt – Celtic
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Bodo/Glimt – Celtic Match Preview
- Despite not playing a competitive match for over two months, Bodø/Glimt rocked Parkhead last week as they left Glasgow with a 3-1 win over Scottish Premiership leaders Celtic, giving the Norwegian champions a huge chance to extend what is the club’s longest-ever run in European competition. That victory was even more impressive considering Bodø/Glimt have lost several key players since their UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) group showing, although with Runar Espejord scoring just a few minutes into his debut in that first leg, recent signings appear to be shrewd.
- They now welcome the Scots to the Arctic Circle where near-freezing temperatures are expected by kick-off. It’s here that Bodø/Glimt famously beat Roma 6-1, which forms part of an impressive six-game winning home streak in Europe that saw the Norweigians net first every time.
- The heartbreak of a shock defeat at Parkhead was only made worse for Celtic fans by fierce rivals Rangers pulling off a famous 4-2 win at Borussia Dortmund that same evening. That first-leg defeat remains Celtic’s only loss across their previous 19 competitive matches (W17, D1), but it now puts at serious risk the Bhoys’ 100% record against Norwegian opponents in UEFA two-legged ties, having progressed on all three previous tussles.
- Manager Ange Postecoglou will be thanking his lucky stars that UEFA’s away goals rule was scrapped this term as scoring just two goals – something Celtic have done in five straight competitive road games (W5) – could see extra-time here. However, that’d also require a clean sheet, something that’s evaded Celtic in 77% of their European games this term.
- Players to watch: Amahl Pellegrino scored a second-half strike against Celtic, and did the same in two of Bodø/Glimt’s three UECL group home games. Daizen Maeda also scored after half-time in the first leg, something he’s done in three of Celtic’s last five games.
- Hot stat: All six of Celtic’s 2021/22 European away games have seen both teams score, and four witnessed at least five match goals.