Match Preview: Villarreal 5-1 Espanyol Predictions and Betting Tips 27.02.2022
Villarreal – Espanyol Predictions & Tips For Today, February 27, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 26
Match: 14:00 Villarreal – Espanyol
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 5:1 WON!!!
Villarreal – Espanyol Match Preview
- Villarreal’s European qualifying ambitions are being solidified with each passing week after an impressive run of just one defeat across their last ten La Liga (LL) matches (W7, D2). The side sat in sixth-place ahead of this round will look to build further on that record against an Espanyol team who’ve had their number in recent H2H clashes, highlighted by the fact that Villarreal have won only one of the last nine competitive meetings (D5, L3).
- The last meeting between these two ended all square (0-0), and that proved to be one of Villarreal’s impressive 11 league clean sheets this season – three of which came across their last four LL games (W3, D1). Another shut out here would be welcomed by manager Unai Emery, although given that both teams scored in each of the last three competitive H2H clashes at Estadio de la Cerámica, chances of that look slim.
- While the hosts are climbing, 14th-placed Espanyol are steadily sliding after a winless LL run stretching across six matches (D3, L3), although two recent draws versus Barcelona and Sevilla were good results. They’ll be hoping their good H2H record can help them land their first league win of 2022, yet it’ll most likely be all down to their attack to deliver it given that their defence has conceded 2+ goals in five of their last six league encounters.
- In their most recent league encounter, Sevilla (1-1) took the lead ten minutes before the half-time break. However it’s most frequently been immediately after the interval where Espanyol have been at their most vulnerable, conceding a league-high nine times already in the 46’-60’ period.
- Players to watch: Enjoying life in front of his home fans, Villarreal’s Dani Parejo has bagged two second-half goals across his last three competitive home appearances. Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomás will be keen to outshine him though after registering six goal contributions across his last six LL matches (G5, A1) – both efforts on the road came after the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: Villarreal’s Emery has won more competitive matches against Espanyol (14) than any other side.