Match Preview: Osasuna 1-0 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 05.03.2022
Osasuna – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 5, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 27
Match: 14:00 Osasuna – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Osasuna – Villarreal Match Preview
- Osasuna manager Jagoba Arrasate wasn’t happy that his side weren’t able to give a strong contingent of travelling fans a third consecutive La Liga (LL) away victory to celebrate, as they slumped to a 1-0 loss at Real Sociedad last time out. But with just one home league victory since early October (W1, D4, L3), a return to Estadio El Sadar for this clash with Villarreal may not be welcomed.
- Continental football could now be beyond Osasuna as that most recent loss opened up a huge divide to the top six, though with Real Madrid and Barcelona still to come, Arrasate will instead focus on claiming sizable scalps instead. A repeat of their 2-1 win at Villarreal in October – their only defeat of any team ranked above them at the start of this round (W1, D4, L9) – would prove a solid foundation.
- Unai Emery continued his fantastic work with Villarreal as a 1-1 Champions League draw with Juventus was followed by a 5-1 victory over Espanyol, a result which secured them their largest 26-game points LL haul since finishing fifth in 2016/17! That’s kept the ‘Yellow Submarine’ in the chase for a top-four berth, and they now appear primed to grab revenge against Osasuna following 2-1 H2H losses in both April and October of 2021.
- Whilst they’ve proven themselves capable of accumulating big scores, as demonstrated by a total of 14 goals across their last four LL wins, a 1-0 loss at Elche in January was the most recent example of how Villarreal can struggle to handle away expectations. They’ve now failed to win four of five LL away starts as a pre-match favourite (W1, D2, L2), a record that throws another victory here in doubt.
- Players to watch: Ante Budimir remains the only Osasuna player to have scored in two of their last six LL home matches, whilst Villarreal’s Serge Aurier has been booked in four of his last six games for club or country when playing for at least an hour.
- Hot stat: Just one of Osasuna’s last nine LL matches saw both teams score.