Match Preview: Cadiz CF 2-0 Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Betting Tips 06.03.2022
Cadiz CF – Rayo Vallecano Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 6, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 27
Match: 14:00 Cadiz CF – Rayo Vallecano
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Cadiz CF – Rayo Vallecano Match Preview
- A change of manager has not prompted a change of fortunes for La Liga (LL) side Cádiz, who start yet another round in the relegation zone after their 11th LL game in which they failed to score (0-0 at Granada). New gaffer Sergio has earned just two more points in his first seven LL outings (W1, D4, L2) than his predecessor Álvaro Cervera did in his final seven matches (W1, D2, L4), illustrating their ongoing woes.
- Cádiz do appear to be creeping closer to that elusive first home win of the LL season though, after three consecutive home draws. But without a single goal within the first 30 minutes in any of their last 11 league outings at home, Cádiz continue to struggle to replicate what they’ve managed on the road on three occasions this season – a win after leading at half-time.
- Rayo Vallecano are on the quick backup, less than 72 hours after their Copa del Rey semi-final up the E-5 in Seville, which only hinders Andoni Iraola’s job of ending their longest LL losing streak (L5) since returning to the top flight. After a tight 1-0 loss at home to Real Madrid, Iraola described the need to “monetize” their toiling, with their front third needing to step up after just two goals scored across their current seven-game winless LL stretch (D1, L6).
- Whilst the top six now seems a long way away, Vallecano shouldn’t consider their ambitions thwarted, as this is one of six upcoming LL away trips against clubs below them in the table at the start of the round. But after losing to another such club (1-2 at Elche) just a fortnight ago, sharp improvements will be required.
- Players to watch: Álvaro Negredo was Cádiz’s first goalscorer in two of their last three LL home fixtures, whilst Vallecano defender Alejandro Catena will have to tread carefully after being booked in his last two starts.
- Hot stat: All but four of the last 19 LL matches involving either club have produced two or fewer total goals.