Match Preview: Bayern Munich 7-1 Salzburg Predictions and Betting Tips 08.03.2022
Bayern Munich – Salzburg Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 8, 2022.
League: Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Match: 21:00 Bayern Munich – Salzburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 7:1 WON!!!
Bayern Munich – Salzburg Match Preview
- Whilst drawing 1-1 at home to third-placed Bayer Leverkusen in Bundesliga action at the weekend may not seem like a poor result, it did extend Bayern Munich’s current disappointing run to just two wins across their five prior competitive outings (D2, L1). That run includes a 1-1 stalemate with Salzburg in the first leg of this UEFA Champions League (UCL) Round of 16 tie, though given Bayern’s 13 home wins this season from 16 (D1, L2), the Bavarian giants remain heavy favourites to progress.
- Bayern’s perfect European record when playing at home to Austrian opposition (W5) will likely unnerve Salzburg, especially as those five wins came via a combined 15-3 scoreline. With 12 of their 16 competitive home matches this season also witnessing Julian Nagelsmann’s side net two or more times, another hefty scoreline wouldn’t surprise here.
- This injury-stricken Salzburg side are playing for history though, as progression in this tie would make them the first Austrian outfit to reach the quarter-final stage of Europe’s premier competition since 1984/85. The visitors’ nine-match unbeaten run across all competitions (W7, D2) will also see them arrive for this clash full of confidence, especially as they haven’t conceded more than once in any of those outings.
- Salzburg have only won two previous European away matches versus German opposition though (D1, L6), and have found life on the road difficult in this competition over the past two campaigns (W1, D1, L4). Salzburg’s overall record of winning just two of their prior seven competitive away matches (D2, L3) also remains concerning.
- Players to watch: Bayern’s Kingsley Coman netted the equaliser in the first leg, whilst he’s never been on the losing side in his previous 12 goalscoring UCL appearances. Meanwhile, Salzburg’s Karim Adeyemi has netted 19 competitive strikes this campaign, with 15 coming after half-time.
- Hot stat: Salzburg’s previous nine away competitive matches versus German opposition have averaged 3.6 goals per game.