Match Preview: Juventus 0-3 Villarreal Predictions and Betting Tips 16.03.2022
Juventus – Villarreal Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 16, 2022.
League: Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Match: 21:00 Juventus – Villarreal
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:3 LOST
Juventus – Villarreal Match Preview
- Wednesday sees the resumption of this intriguing UEFA Champions League (UCL) Round of 16 tie, as Juventus welcome Villarreal to northern Italy following a 1-1 first-leg draw that saw Dušan Vlahović net in the opening minute on his UCL debut. However that result made it seven straight winless first-leg UCL matches for the ‘Old Lady’, and as a result they’ve suffered elimination in four of their last five knockout ties.
- Juventus will likely turn up in a confident mood though, after a comfortable 3-1 win over Sampdoria at the weekend extended their unbeaten run to 12 matches across all competitions (W8, D4). The club’s solid prior record against Spanish opposition in home UCL matches (W12, D8, L3) and the fact they’ve now won six straight home UCL outings – their longest run since between 1996 and 1997 – should further increase expectation in Turin.
- Villarreal have already shown they’re no pushovers with that first-leg draw, and travel to Italy after claiming a crucial 1-0 victory over Celta Vigo in La Liga action last time out. That win kept their ambitions alive of qualifying for European football again this campaign, although they’ll now turn their focus to staying in the UCL by claiming the huge scalp of Juventus in this second leg.
- There will be some talk in the Villarreal camp that they can do just that, especially as they’ve won their last two away UCL outings – as many as in their previous 15 such matches (D5, L8). They hit three or more strikes in both of those outings as Unai Emery’s side remain potent in front of goal, but Villarreal need to improve defensively in order to progress as they haven’t kept an away UCL clean sheet since 2008!
- Players to watch: Juventus’ Álvaro Morata grabbed a brace at the weekend and remains unbeaten across eight previous H2Hs (G3 – W4, D4), whilst Villarreal’s Arnaut Danjuma has netted four UCL goals this season, three after half-time.
- Hot stat: Juventus have averaged 6.4 corners per game across their previous ten competitive home matches.