Match Preview: Espanyol 1-0 Mallorca Predictions and Betting Tips 20.03.2022
Espanyol – Mallorca Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 20, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 29
Match: 14:00 Espanyol – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Espanyol – Mallorca Match Preview
- Espanyol have been doing just enough to scrape by and keep the relegation zone at bay with points from four of their last five La Liga (LL) outings (W1, D3, L1), but manager Vicente Moreno was left bitterly disappointed albeit forgiving of a mistake from youth goalkeeper Joan García, who was substituted onto the pitch just minutes before conceding an equaliser against last-placed Levante (D 1-1). They can almost certainly assure their safety whilst throwing Mallorca’s campaign into further turmoil with victory here.
- Having both been dumped out of the top flight in 2019/20 only to return together after the following campaign, it comes as no surprise that only seven points separated Espanyol and Mallorca at the start of the round. Despite that, the clubs have shared just one draw across their six H2H meetings in any competition since the start of 2019/20, with the host side of the day winning four.
- Mallorca manager Luis García praised the effort of his club in a devastating 0-3 home loss to Real Madrid, but said that costly mistakes continue to pile up across a five-game losing streak that could potentially see them fall into the bottom three by the end of the weekend. Their recent form offers almost no hope of denting Espanyol’s strong LL record as pre-match favourites (W5, D1, L2).
- After Real Madrid loanee Takefusa Kubo helped his parent club in the title race by scoring Mallorca’s injury time winner away to Atletico Madrid in December 2021, Kubo and the Islanders have since followed that up by suffering five consecutive LL defeats away from home, conceding 15 goals in the process, including at fellow relegation contenders Levante (L 2-0) and Granada (L 4-1).
- Players to watch: Sergi Darder has recorded Espanyol’s first goal in three of their last six LL home games, whilst Dani Rodríguez was the only scorer in the reverse LL H2H, meaning his last seven goalscoring games saw him open the scoring for Mallorca.
- Hot stat: Espanyol have scored in their last 13 LL home fixtures, whilst Mallorca have conceded in their last 12 LL away trips.