Match Preview: Ecuador 1-1 Argentina Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2022
Ecuador – Argentina Predictions & Tips For Today, Match 30, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 18
Match: 00:30 Ecuador – Argentina
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Ecuador – Argentina Preview
- Even though defeat at the hands of Paraguay last time out extended Ecuador’s winless run of World Cup Qualifiers (WCQ) to three games (D2, L1), results elsewhere sealed their progression to the showpiece event for just the fourth time in their history. While that result means they cannot equal their best ever qualification haul set ahead of the 2002 edition, that now matters for little.
- It is tough to see Ecuador ending their rotten run against Argentina, a nation in which they possess a mere 14% win rate against in historical H2Hs (W5, D10, L22). ‘La Tri’ are at least unbeaten in four of the last five home H2Hs (W2, D2, L1) and have lost just one international match on home soil since the beginning of 2020 (W6, D2, L1), a run which includes a draw against group leaders Brazil.
- While Argentina have already booked their ticket to Qatar 2022, there are still big reasons to go all out for the win here. Firstly, they could set up a straight shootout for top spot in the final game against Brazil with a win here, while they are also seeking a first ever unbeaten WCQ campaign since the introduction of the current format ahead of the 1998 tournament (a feat Brazil can also achieve).
- Fans may also have one eye on Italy’s world record of 37 unbeaten games as Argentina notched their 30th straight game without defeat last time out. One of those unbeaten games was a comfortable 3-0 success over Ecuador in the recent Copa América quarter-final en route to Argentina’s first major international trophy since 1993, while they also claimed a 1-0 win in Buenos Aires in the reverse H2H.
- Players to watch: Gonzalo Plata provided the assist for Ecuador’s sole goal in each of their last two home matches. Meanwhile, Lionel Messi contributed to all three goals in the recent Copa América H2H (G1, A2) and scored the winner in the reverse WCQ fixture.
- Hot stat: Ten of Argentina’s 11 WCQ victories this cycle also saw them ahead at half-time.