Match Preview: Lorient 6-2 St Etienne Predictions and Betting Tips 08.04.2022
Lorient – St Etienne Predictions & Tips For Today, April 8, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 31
Match: 20:00 Lorient – St Etienne
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 6:2 WON!!!
Lorient – St Etienne Preview
- Two of Ligue 1’s prime relegation candidates battle it out here in a crucial six-pointer with visiting St Étienne aware that they could climb out of the relegation play-off spot and simultaneously leapfrog Lorient by claiming a priceless victory. Therefore, home side Lorient will need to rally quickly for this clash after suffering their heaviest league loss since December 2016 last time out, a 5-1 defeat to league leaders PSG.
- ‘Les Merlus’ can look to recent history for inspiration, as following the two other games where they’ve conceded over 3.5 goals in 2022, they’ve gone on to win their next match via a 2-0 scoreline! In the end strong starts at this venue could be the difference between relegation and safety for Christophe Pélissier’s side come May, considering that only PSG have recorded more first-half clean sheets at home than Lorient’s 11 in Ligue 1.
- Manager Pascal Dupraz has breathed new life into this St Étienne side since his appointment back in December and there’s now a growing sense that the club will have enough to avoid a first campaign back in Ligue 2 since 2003/04. In fact, only Ligue 1’s current top-two sides, PSG and Marseille, have got the better of ‘Les Verts’ across their previous nine league outings (W4, D3, L2).
- That, coupled with their current five-game league unbeaten run against current bottom-half teams (W4, D1), should mean that they’ll be confident heading into this match, even if they lost their last two road trips here. Their survival chances could rest on improving their second-half performances though, as St Étienne have now scored a league-low four away league goals after the break this season.
- Players to watch: Terem Moffi has scored three goals across Lorient’s last nine Ligue 1 outings, each coming between the 55th and 60th minute. Meanwhile, St Étienne’s Denis Bouanga has scored first with his last four Ligue 1 strikes, three of which came in the opening 25 minutes.
- Hot stat: Just one of the previous ten Ligue 1 H2Hs have seen the away side on the day score before half-time.