Match Preview: Spezia 1-3 Inter Predictions and Betting Tips 15.04.2022
Spezia – Inter Predictions & Tips For Today, April 15, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 33
Match: 18:00 Spezia – Inter
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 LOST
Spezia – Inter Match Preview
- Spezia’s first goalless Serie A (SA) draw of the season kept Thiago Motta’s side 11 points above the relegation zone, and even with four of their remaining six matches against current top-eight teams, it should be enough to maintain their top-flight status. The forward line has gone off the boil recently with only four goals scored across the last six league games (W2, D1, L3) but improvements at the back did help land consecutive top-flight clean sheets for the first time this campaign.
- A third straight shutout looks a tall order here given the quality of the opposition, although a return home should give Spezia a boost based on the fact they’ve won their last two SA home games ‘to nil’. Any hopes of an upset may demand patience from the home fans though, as each of Spezia’s five SA home wins this campaign have come after a barren first-half.
- Inter Milan’s need for a win is arguably stronger than Spezia’s as the defending champions can provisionally go top with three points here in what has become essentially a three-horse scudetto race. Having dropped 14 points from seven league games in February and March, the ‘Nerazzurri’ can ill-afford another slip-up and even a repeat result from last season’s H2H here (1-1) could effectively nullify Inter’s ‘game in hand’ advantage.
- Goals in either half gave Inter a comfortable 2-0 win in the reverse fixture and the visitors will travel confidently after a 1-0 win at Juventus halted a sequence of four straight SA away draws. Just three goals scored across their last five away trips does highlight a bluntness on the road for Inter recently though, which will be a concern for manager Simone Inzaghi.
- Players to watch: Spezia’s Emmanuel Gyasi enjoys having a late impact with his last two league goals arriving in stoppage time and delivering wins. Challenging him could be Inter’s Edin Džeko who struck the final goal of the match in six of his last 11 SA scoring games.
- Hot stat: Spezia’s last 15 SA home games have seen more goals scored in the second half than the first.