Match Preview: Elche 3-0 Mallorca Predictions and Betting Tips 16.04.2022
Elche – Mallorca Predictions & Tips For Today, April 16, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 32
Match: 13:00 Elche – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Elche – Mallorca Match Preview
- Five losses from their last six La Liga (LL) games has sucked Elche dangerously close to the relegation zone, but the visit of fellow strugglers Mallorca could prove to be the catalyst for a revival. Fuelling that belief is the fact Elche have never lost on home soil against Mallorca (W9, D7), but with three successive LL home defeats coming into this match, a return to the Estadio Martínez Valero may not be a welcome one.
- Elche are a side of few goals, with their home league goal tally of 17 ranking as one of LL’s lowest, yet strangely 41% of those strikes have come after the 75th minute. Perhaps even stranger has been the pattern emerging across Elche’s last six home games, five of which have seen the side to score first end up losing (Elche: W2, L3)!
- Mallorca should make the trip to Elche in a buoyant mood after ending their seven-game losing run with a shock 1-0 victory over Atlético Madrid last time out. That result secured Mallorca a famous double over Diego Simeone’s side following their win in Madrid back in December, though the ‘Pirates’ have lost each of their seven away league games since.
- Unsurprisingly, Mallorca are left with one of LL’s worst away points totals (eight) and a large chunk of that blame can be portioned to the fact Mallorca have kept just one away clean sheet all season, although there has been a slight improvement in that department in the infancy of boss Javier Aguirre’s reign, with just one goal conceded across his two games in charge (W1, L1).
- Players to watch: Both of Guido Carrillo’s LL goals this season have come at home and served as Elche’s first of the game, whilst Vedat Muriqi was Mallorca’s hero against Atlético and two of his three LL goals this season have proved decisive to the result.
- Hot stat: No team in LL has received more red cards this season than Mallorca (seven).