Match Preview: Troyes 1-1 Strasbourg Predictions and Betting Tips 17.04.2022
Troyes – Strasbourg Predictions & Tips For Today, April 17, 2022.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 32
Match: 14:00 Troyes – Strasbourg
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Troyes – Strasbourg Match Preview
- A 2-1 loss at Monaco halted Troyes’ five-game unbeaten Ligue 1 run (W3, D2) robbing them of a chance to move further away from the bottom three. Their bid to secure consecutive top-flight seasons for the first time since 2006/07 may prove even trickier from here on in, as five of their remaining seven league games are against teams either pushing for the top-five spots or who already occupy them.
- Having scored in eight consecutive league games, Troyes are likely to push forward regardless. Even a single strike could prove to be the difference, especially as ‘L’ESTAC’ have won their last two home Ligue 1 matches via a 1-0 scoreline, only winning more consecutive home top-flight games back in February 2007.
- Strasbourg are still favourites to win here though, as they target at least a first top-five finish in France’s top division in 42 years. As well as strengthening their hold on a European qualification spot, even a clean sheet would extend what is currently Le Racing’s longest unbeaten top-flight run since September 1993 (nine games).
- The visitors have also lost just once across their last ten away league games (W4, D5, L1), but with three consecutive stalemates during that ten-game period, they run the risk of posting four away top-flight draws in a row for the first time since May 1989.
- Conceding first could push them towards that landmark, which is what Strasbourg have done in four of their last six away league draws. The reverse fixture (1-1) also followed suit in a game that saw Strasbourg score beyond the 70th minute – a period that has seen them net 16 of their 52 league goals this season.
- Players to watch: Xavier Chavalerin has been Troyes’ final scorer with his last five league goals, while Kévin Gameiro could be Strasbourg’s lucky charm, as his side have won five of his last six goalscoring league games.
- Hot streak: Troyes has been shown the first card of the match in the last five H2Hs.