Match Preview: Liverpool 4-0 Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 19.04.2022
Liverpool – Manchester Utd Predictions & Tips For Today, April 19, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 30
Match: 20:00 Liverpool – Manchester Utd
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Liverpool – Manchester Utd Match Preview
- With the Premier League (PL) title, UEFA Champions League, and FA Cup to chase, every game will feel like a final for Liverpool from now on, with a historic quadruple still a possibility. An undefeated league start to 2022 has dragged them back into this title race (W10, D2 – including eight clean sheets), and their 32-point haul is unsurprisingly the PL’s best since the turn of the year. Now a clash against old foes Manchester United – who Liverpool are unbeaten against in seven PL H2Hs (W4, D3) – could take them one step closer to top-flight glory.
- The league’s highest scorers (79) also boast the best home defence, conceding just seven goals at Anfield all season! That’s been a big reason why they’ve been so dominant on Merseyside, winning their last ten PL matches at Anfield while outscoring their opponents 29-2 during that time. All of that acts as the ideal preparation to welcome rivals United, aware a victory would not only hand Liverpool the bragging rights, but also see them end the day as PL leaders for the first time since October 1st.
- United’s uncomfortable 3-2 win over Norwich would have done little to alleviate some fans’ frustrations as pre-match protests towards the club’s owners overshadowed that victory. Only once before have the ‘Red Devils’ had less points after 32 PL games than their current tally of 54 points (52 – 2019/20), therefore a strong end to the season will be needed to get fans back on side.
- It’s hard to see how that upturn starts here at Anfield based on the form of both sides, particularly with Ralf Rangnick’s men having suffered defeat in each of their last two league road trips. After their 5-0 drubbing in October’s reverse fixture, revenge might give United the motivation they need to pull off a shock win and finally end a winless five-game away run against Jürgen Klopp’s men (D3, L2) which stretches back to January 2016.
- Players to watch: Although he’s without a goal in eight appearances, Mohamed Salah tends to come alive in this fixture for Liverpool with eight goal contributions (G7, A1) across his last five H2H matches. Meanwhile, hat-trick hero vs Norwich, Cristiano Ronaldo, has scored United’s opening goal in ten of his 14 goalscoring outings this season.
- Hot stat: Ten of Liverpool’s 12 home PL wins this season have come by a 2+ goal margin, the most wins by that nature across Europe’s top-five leagues (tied with PSG).