Match Preview: Chelsea – Arsenal Predictions and Betting Tips 20.04.2022
Chelsea – Arsenal Predictions & Tips For Today, April 20, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 25
Match: 19:45 Chelsea – Arsenal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: Pending
Chelsea – Arsenal Match Preview
- After booking their place in the FA Cup final for a third consecutive season with a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, Chelsea resume their league duties by welcoming London rivals Arsenal. A top-four place seems assured with Chelsea boasting a comfortable gap to fifth and games in hand to boot, but boss Thomas Tuchel stated that maintaining strong form has been difficult because the ‘Blues’ are the Premier League (PL) side with the most European minutes played.
- Chelsea’s most recent home game saw them lose 3-1 to Real Madrid in their second straight home loss by a 2+ goal margin. Those two defeats are as many as Chelsea had lost in 27 competitive home games prior (W18, D7) and concerningly for them, the last time they lost three home games in a row, the third result in that run was a 2-0 loss to Arsenal back in 1993!
- Despite history being on their side, this looks to be a tricky trip to Stamford Bridge for Arsenal as they look to avoid an unwelcome record-equalling fourth consecutive PL defeat for the first time since 1994/95. Hints of a dressing room rift have emerged as Alexandre Lacazette’s absence was put down to ‘private reasons’ according to boss Mikel Arteta, who saw a similar situation unfold prior to the departure of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
- A first top-four finish since 2015/16 is still achievable for Arsenal who remain in touch with the race, though a continuation of their current 240-minute run of away play without finding the net could see them lose touch with the Champions League places.
- Players to watch: Chelsea’s Mason Mount has made six goal contributions in his last three appearances (G4, A2) and has assisted twice in his six H2Hs with Arsenal. Another England international who could feature for Arsenal is Bukayo Saka who has scored five of his last seven club goals away from home.
- Hot stat: Arsenal are unbeaten in each of the last 11 league H2Hs played between Tuesday-Thursday (W5, D6).