Match Preview: Cadiz CF 2-3 Ath Bilbao Predictions and Betting Tips 21.04.2022
Cadiz CF – Ath Bilbao Predictions & Tips For Today, April 21, 2022.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 33
Match: 19:00 Cadiz CF – Ath Bilbao
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
Cadiz CF – Ath Bilbao Match Preview
- Cádiz’s historic 1-0 recent win at Barcelona handed them a crucial three points in their bid to avoid the drop this season. That victory took them out of the drop zone and they now come into this clash with a two-point cushion to those sides inside the bottom three, and with just one defeat across their last six home La Liga (LL) matches (W2, D3), there’ll be a growing confidence in the Cádiz camp that they can extend that difference this weekend.
- That confidence will only be enhanced by the fact the hosts have won two of their last three H2H clashes against Athletic Bilbao (L1). They scored inside the opening six minutes in their most recent win within that run (1-0), yet early home goals have been a rarity this season. Cádiz are yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of any home league game, and have in fact managed just three first-half home goals all season.
- Somewhat coincidently, Athletic tend to be slow starters on the road too, and are one of just two LL sides yet to score an away goal inside the first 15 minutes. This would be a good game to start fast and end that record as Marcelino’s men aim to bounce back from a 2-0 home defeat to Celta Vigo which extended the gap between them and the top six to ten points, all but ending their hopes of European qualification this season.
- Holding onto a spot inside the top eight would at least hand the visitors their joint-highest league finish since 2016/17, but just one win in five LL games suggests that’s far from guaranteed (D2, L2). Especially when you take into account Athletic are winless in their last four road trips too (D1, L3)!
- Players to watch: Cádiz’s Álvaro Negredo is looking for his seventh career goal vs Athletic, but first since 2012/13! Opponent Iñaki Williams will be hoping to mark a special milestone with a goal after he made it a remarkable six years since he last missed a league match for Athletic after featuring during the last round.
- Hot stat: Cádiz have won just one of their four LL games played on a Thursday (D1, L2), although that one victory was against none other than Athletic!